‘Chill’ Out on the Roads this Christmas
Car insurance claims could be rife this christmas with icy road conditions and motorists rushing around for that last minute shopping spree. So if you don’t want the hassle of sorting out a motor insurance claim, take your time and avoid the festive bustle.
IAM has warned that conditions could be extremely dangerous and urged motorists to remain vigilant on the roads. Motor cyclists should be even more cautious with less traction and less protection and with possible reduced visibility, statistically they are in the most danger of all.
Tips on safer christmas travel:
- Always check the weather forecast before leaving on a long journey
- Check traffic information when possible
- Avoid drinking any intoxicating substances before or during driving
- When visiting relatives always inform them of an estimated time of arrival
- Do not drive for long periods or whilst tired
After all getting to your destination safely is more important than getting there on time.